Posts tagged tomatoes
Are you interested in how to grow tomatoes? Want to start from seeds and grow tomatoes? You can! With a little patience you can grow your very own tomato plants from seeds and be enjoying your very own tomatoes very soon!
What you need:
- Potting soil
- A small pot
- Tomato seeds- pick any variety you like! there are MANY kinds
How to sprout tomatoes from seeds:
- Fill a small pot with potting soil
- Moisten the soil with water
- Add your seeds about 1/2 inch into the soil. Add a few per pot, in case some don’t sprout.
- Place in a sunny window or on porch, in garden, etc. Seed sprout best around 70 degrees.
- Keep the soil moist. in the hot summer this may take watering several times per day. Your mileage may vary.
- In a few days. you will see the seeds start to sprout. You may continue to water and wait for them to grow larger or transplant them now into your garden.
- As the plants grow, be sure to add a tomato cage to help support the weight of your very own tomatoes!
- Pick, wash, enjoy!